Wednesday, September 10, 2008

nutrition

A brief update on my recent diet and nutrition:

I still eat quaker oatmeal, microwaved in milk, with blueberries and 2-3 eggs scrambled in olive oil everyday for breakfast.  This is a good economical breakfast, which works as I'm a little broke right now.  I usually drink stovetop espresso the mornings that I decide to walk before eating (and every morning, but usually after breakfast on days I don't walk).

I usually workout a few hours after breakfast (yes, i'm unemployed).  

Post workout drink is usually ~50 grams dextrose (corn sugar, from brewing supply), followed 10-15 minutes later by ~ 50 grams whey protein (EAS brand, mixed in water).

Lunch is an hour or two later.  Normally something like a pb & J with a glass of milk or water, maybe some full fat yogurt with almonds and/or more blueberries.  I like to eat fruit like apples or avocados if I have them, or some dried berries.

On the subject of milk, I am going to try switching to whole, non-homogenized, low-pasteurized and/or raw milk in hopes of benefiting from the natural enzyme and whatnot that get destroyed during pasteurization/homogenization.  Cream top milk really tastes amazing if you like the flavor or butter and milk.

I have been cooking a tone of turkey chili lately.  I will usually have something like that for dinner, sometimes a grilled burger or chicken breast or something.  I'll make a salad with lettuce, carrots, olive oil, and any other veggies I have on hand.  
 
Dinner if where most of my variety comes from, which is unfortunately slightly limited do to financial and time constraints.

Anyhow, thats about it.

No comments: