Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Finally, back to a real workout

So after a couple weeks of moving (and helping others move), partying (bday and others), and taking a vacation, I'm back to a workout. And a hell of one it was (see me ralphing).

I walked 1.5 miles at work

Took the kettlebell out to a little park after work (still about 100 degrees outside at teh time and sticky)

Warm-up: jogged 2 laps around park

Everything with 20 kilo (44lb) kettlebell:

The cycle (short rest between each exercise, 30 sec - 2 minute)

two-handed swing x 20
one-arm clean x 10 x each arm
pull-up x 10
one-arm snatch right x 10
one-arm snatch left x 10
front squat x 20

rested for like 3-4 minutes

two-handed swing x 20
one-arm clean & jerk x 5 (left) , x 7 (right)
pull-up x 10
one-arm snatch left x 4
one-arm snatch right x 6
front squat x 20

(puke) . I dunno it was just the workout, or maybe the heat, but I was straight up cached like I haven't been since high school wrestling practices. I will be doing this workout or very similar for a while because it was quick, fun, painful, and outside in the sunshine. I dig it.

No comments: